Do you have the skills to help support and develop LGBTI participation in Scottish sport?
We are seeking friendly and energetic charity trustees to support the strategic leadership of our organisation.
As a trustee you will:
- Be an avid supporter of LGBTI rights;
- Have an interest in sports development, particularly inclusivity and accessibility for LGBTI people;
- Be leading on particular project work;
- Be a member of the board, where you will help decide on LEAP Sports Scotland’s policies and make decisions that have a very real impact on the work we do;
- Evaluate new opportunities for our involvement and make relevant recommendations to the board;
- Use your networks and contacts to further LGBTI equality and participation in sports and outdoor activities; and
- Act as an ambassador for LEAP Sports Scotland.
The ideal person has:
- Experience building and leading teams;
- A track record of creativity in dealing with difficult problems;
- An understanding of LGBTI issues particularly in the context of sport;
- The desire to ‘do’ – not just share insight – and a driven mindset to achieve;
- Team working skills and a strong sense of diplomacy; and
- Excellent communication skills.
Specialist knowledge in finance, marketing, strategic planning or any other field you may think is relevant is welcome.
All trustees are expected to have high standards and dedication while working as part of a dynamic team from all walks of life. The board is composed of unpaid volunteers who are elected yearly at AGM or co-opted by the Board. The ability to be organised, report on actions and contribute to board meetings is essential. Together we build a plan, deliver on the strategic goals of the organisation and share in the satisfaction of seeing the end results. Time commitment is six Board meetings per annum.
Ideally you should have some knowledge of the principles which govern Scottish charities or the not-for-profit sector.
We review Board Membership regularly and welcome your enquiry. To apply please fill out the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are interested in progressing your application further you will be invited to an information evening.