Do you have the skills to help support and develop Scotland's LGBTIQ+ sports charity?
We are seeking engaged and energetic charity trustees to support the strategic leadership of our organisation.
As a trustee you will:
- Be an avid supporter of LGBTIQ+ rights;
- Be passionate about sport, sport for change or sport development;
- Be a member of our board, where you will help decide on LEAP Sports Scotland’s strategy, policies and make decisions that have a very real impact on the work we do;
- Use your networks and contacts to further LGBTIQ+ equality and participation in sports and outdoor activity; and
- Act as an ambassador for LEAP Sports Scotland.
The ideal person has:
- An understanding of equality issues;
- A strong desire for social justice and realising rights;
- Ambition and a mindset to achieve;
- Strong leadership and team skills; and
- Excellent communication skills.
Background in PE, sports coaching or development, sports academia or human rights is welcome. Specialist knowledge across areas such as finance, marketing, business development or corporate fundraising is welcome. We actively encourage people with lived experiences as LGBTIQ+ people, and those with other protected characteristics (e,g, BAME people, people with disabilities) to apply.
The board is composed of unpaid volunteers who are elected yearly at AGM or co-opted by the Board. The ability to contribute, to lead work and to represent the organisation is essential. Time commitment is four Board meetings per annum, representation of LEAP Sports at events, and optional additional sub-group work in key governance or development topics.
Existing Board Trustees including our Chair would be happy to have a discussio with you. All other queries to Helena, and to apply please fill out the application form and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will look at applications on an ongoing basis, but the deadline for applications for our next intake is Friday 29th September.