We are looking for a new team member to develop and run a project for gender diverse children and their families. The project will develop a programme of regular activities offering physical activity opportunities for children, and information, peer support and networking for families. The Family Worker will develop and maintain effective partnership working with gender diverse children and their parents with a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is supported by BBC Children in Need.
The Project Officer will:
- Work in partnership with gender diverse children and their families.
- Coordinate a new family support and physical activity programme.
- Deliver 2 group sessions per month.
- Work with and bring together relevant stakeholders through a quarterly advisory group and an annual multidisciplinary workshop.
- Ensure the programme is connected to the wider work of LEAP Sports.
Location: The job will initially be home based, but a future blend of remote, office based (Glasgow) and on location work is envisaged.
Hours: 40 hours per month (approx 8-10 hours per week)
Salary: £23,664 per annum pro-rata
Entitlements: The post holder will be entitled to 35 days (pro rata) annual leave per year and will also be automatically enrolled in our pension scheme.
Please note that the closing date is 12th July and interviews scheduled for 22nd July. The full Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded below.
Any queries should be directed to, and all applications should be submitted by email to Helena Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org