Fundraising & Partnerships Officer
Fundraising & Partnerships Officer (Foundations & Trusts)
We are seeking a hands on individual with a creative attitude to instigate and build our fundraising from foundations and trusts and contribute to wider income-generation activities. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and broaden your fundraising skills in support of a growing national charity with international collaboration work. The successful candidate will be motivated by our vision and align with our values and will and enjoy working within a small, supportive, friendly and committed team. A full job description is available to download in the application pack which can be downloaded at the link below.
Location: Mostly home based but with some time expected at our office in Glasgow
Hours: Part time – 18.75 hours per week. Mainly Mon-Fri in regular office hours but flexible.
Salary: £26,174 per annum pro-rata (equates to £13,087 actual)
Entitlements: The post holder will be entitled to 35 days (pro rata) annual leave per year which is inclusive of public holidays. They will also be automatically enrolled in our pension scheme.
Skills and experience:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Voluntary sector experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good copy writing and proof-reading ability thorough with an eye for detail.
• Experience of creative proposal writing combined with the ability to demonstrate clear outcomes and impact.
• Track record in forming good working relations, both internally and externally with people at all levels.
• Competent in dealing with financial information - preparing, manipulating and presenting budgets and working knowledge of charitable financial accounts.
• Strong organisational skills with good record keeping, alongside the ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Excellent IT skills with high working knowledge of MS Office programmes and confidence navigating and adapting to new/different online systems.
• Knowledge of a key area such as equality, sport & physical activity, youth or community work, social exclusion.
• Demonstrable success of securing medium to large and multiyear grants from trusts and foundation against annual targets.
• Relevant fundraising qualification (Institute of Fundraising’s Certificate in Fundraising)
• Commitment to LEAP Sports’ mission and values.
• An understanding of diversity, equality and inclusion.
• Enthusiastic and results driven.
• Team player, who thrives building successful relationships and working with others towards a common goal.
• Ability to support and enthuse others and maintain a professional image.
• Ability to work on own initiative and to contribute ideas.
• Conscientious and responsible.
• Willingness to travel from time to time.
The deadline for applications is Monday 1st February, but you should be aware that the job may be withdrawn earlier if we find a suitable candidate in the meantime.
Any queries should be directed to, and all applications should be submitted by email to Helena Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org