Project Officer (Highlands)
Some exciting new funding is enabling us to appoint a new Project Officer who will lead the OUT and About in the Highlands project. The project aims to increase LGBTIQ+ people’s engagement with sport and physical activity, improve mental wellbeing and develop social connectedness.
The Project Officer will work with a range of partners to improve relevant services and opportunities for LGBTIQ+ people, and will embed the project into the wider remit of LEAP Sports. They will also work directly with colleagues from University of Highlands and Islands (UHI) who will guide and support the learning of the project and ensure the work is informed by existing research in mental wellbeing and physical activity.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and support the delivery of the OUT and About in the Highlands project.
- Support and promote LGBTIQ+ people’s engagement with physical activity, sport and the outdoors.
- Work directly with LGBTIQ+ people in the Highlands ensuring that their experiences and views are directly embedded into the project and to the wider work of LEAP Sports.
- Work with local stakeholders to improve relevant services and opportunities for LGBTIQ+ people.
- Develop and share relevant learning through local networks, digital platforms and national projects.
You will work 15 hours per week, be home based, and be able to travel as required. Some evening and weekend work will be required. The basic salary will be £23,664 (pro rata) per annum.
This position is currently fixed until 31st March 2023.
The closing date for applications is 18th October 2021 and interviews will be held online on 26th October.
Interested? Download the pack below.