Sport Changes Lives
Sport really does have the power to change lives.
This is not always about competing in world events or winning medals, but in the way it can improve our lives. The personal accounts contained in our our Sport Changes Lives series show us examples of how LGBTI people across Scotland have changed their lives through sport and physical activity.
Changes such as:
- Improved physical and mental health
- Increased social connectedness
- Strengthened individual identity
- Greater resilience to deal with life
- Increased sense of belonging
- Feeling safe, accepted and included
There are many inclusive sports clubs and groups active across Scotland. Details for many of these clubs are available in our booklet and through our online club finder, or you can get in touch with us to find out more.