LGBTIQ+ Sports Provision Fund Relaunched
27th January 2021
COVID-19 response funding opened to support LGBTIQ+ Sport
LEAP Sports are pleased to relaunch COVID-19 response funding for LGBTIQ+ sports clubs, groups, programmes and initiatives. The LGBTIQ+ Sports Provision Fund is made possible through funding from the Scottish Government Communities Recovery Fund. It follows on from previous funding where £14,000 was allocated to the Scottish LGBTIQ+ sports community.
LGBTIQ+ Sports Provision Fund Details:
This is an £8,500 fund set up for recovery and to offset the financial impact of COVID-19 on LGBTIQ+ sports clubs, groups, programmes and initiatives. Requested funds must be for a purpose, and examples of how funding may be used include, but are not limited to, club travel, venue costs and equipment.
- Sports groups* must be not for profit and for LGBTIQ+ people.
- Individuals cannot apply.
- Requested funds must be for a purpose.
- The fund is not designed for large amounts.
- All money must be committed by 31st May 2021.
- We will not fund duplication.
- This funding is for recovery and offsetting the negative financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Beneficiaries of the previous provision fund (17/7/20-30/9/20) may still apply.
- Applications should be made via this survey.
*This funding is open to LGBTIQ+ sports/physical activity clubs, groups, initiatives and programmes with activity based in Scotland. These must be not-for-profit and include sports/physical activity clubs and groups who strongly identify as being LGBTIQ+-specific or LGBTIQ+-inclusive. Initiatives and programmes are eligible if they deliver sport/ physical activity specifically targeted at the LGBTIQ+ community. Clubs, groups, initiatives and programmes may use a different acronym e.g. LGBT or target a segment of the community e.g. trans people.
This fund is allocated by LEAP Sports on a rolling basis, so apply sooner rather than later to avoid disappointment.
For further information or queries please contact email@example.com.