Trans Active Glasgow & Edinburgh
All up-to-date information about Trans Active Glasgow and Edinburgh can be found here.
Trans Active Glasgow and Edinburgh are friendly sports and physical activity groups where you will have the chance to socialise with other trans people, make friends, and try out new things. We prioritise having a relaxed and supportive environment where there is no assumption of sporting or fitness knowledge or level.
As part of Trans Active you can expect:
- Access to the Trans Active Glasgow or Trans Active Edinburgh facebook groups and networking spaces for trans people interested in getting active.
- Regular organised events covering a range of activities and sports.
- Support to organise your own events
- Sport and community related training sessions and opportunities
- Support to engage with sports and physical activities outside of the Trans Active Group
These opportunities are completely FREE.
Who can join?
- You must be transgender or have a trans history, including non-binary people of all genders and experiences of gender, or be questioning your gender.
- You must be aged 18+
- You must stay in Greater Glasgow or the Edinburgh City Region. This includes the following councils: Glasgow City, North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, West Dunbartonshire, East Dunbartonshire, Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire, Inverclyde, the City of Edinburgh, Fife, West Lothian, Midlothian, East Lothian, and the Scottish Borders.
How to get involved:
You can find the Trans Active Glasgow facebook group here. If you don't have facebook and would like to get involved please email Mat, the Trans Inclusion Officer at LEAP Sports Scotland, on firstname.lastname@example.org and you can be added to the mailing list for event updates.
You can find the Trans Active Edinburgh facebook group here. If you don't have facebook and would like to get involved please email Al, the Project Officer for Trans Active Edinburgh, on email@example.com for more information.
We understand that it can be daunting to attend groups such as these, especially if you have faced barriers to sport in the past, so please get in touch for a chat about how we can support you to come along. If you have any access issues to this group please get in touch and we thank you in advance for your patience with this.