The LGBTI Youth in Sport Task Force
Working for equality in sport
The Task Force is a group of young sports activists with a collective desire to see access to sport, experiences in sport, and opportunities to excel in sport all improved for LGBTI young people. The work is funded through the Scottish Sport Relief Home and Away Programme, and is co-ordinated by LEAP Sports Scotland.
The Task Force is particularly interested in issues for LGBTI young people accessing sport and how sport is delivered through formal and informal education.
Task force members:
- are based all over Scotland
- are mostly 13-25 years old
- identify as LGBTI or queer sports activists
- have a connection to sport
- work under the values and mission of LEAP Sports Scotland
- work on their own initiative
If you want to know more or think you might be interested in joining the Task Force, we’d love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com.