LGBT Basketball Group
Basketball in Edinburgh
About the club
LGBT Basketball Group is a friendly and informal weekly group for LGBTQI beginners and regular players alike. We welcome the entire diversity of the LGBTQI community and any supporters they wish to bring. You must be 16+ to come along.
The sessions entail:
· A short warm up with the basketballs upon arrival
· A short introductory session with players sharing their names and pronouns
· Upon request, a few drills of dribbling and shooting
· As many short games of basketball with interval rest as we can manage!
What we provide:
First aid kit
The sessions are open to all levels of fitness and are fun, competitive but relaxed. We encourage a ‘have a go’ atmosphere for beginners or new players whilst allowing for skill and confidence development for regulars. You can just drop in or let us know you’re planning to come along via our email address, Facebook page or via LGBT Health and Wellbeing.
When we meet
- Basketball Group SessionTuesday 6:45pm
First session is free! Thereafter, £2 per session or 6 monthly membership for £15 (payable in Jan and July)
Leith Community Education Centre
12A New Kirkgate
Shirley Cremin and Jules Stapleton Barnes, Group Contacts