Gather a team from your workplace and compete against other organisations for the Corporate Cup.
In February 2020 we hosted our 9th annual National Tenpin Bowling Tournament to mark LGBT History Month. The winners were HSBC Mortgage Department, pictured above. The event took place at Hollywood Bowl in Glasgow. Take part in 2022 to see if you can beat the current cup holders!
Taking part couldn’t be simpler:
- Get a team of four to six people from your organisation assembled.
- Ask your organisations staff network or equality section to sponsor your team (see below for costs)
- Sign up here
- Come along and bowl with us on Thursday 17th February, 6:45pm at VEGA, YOTEL Glasgow
- You will play 1 game, and your team scores average will be calculated to make your final score.
To enter a team, there is a fixed price of £170. We recommend you bring a team of 6 people, but you may bring a team of 4 or 5 at the same cost.
For the reasonable price of £170 per team, participants will enjoy the following:
- 1 game of bowling
- 1 complimentary drink on arrival (bottle of beer, glass of fizz, or soft drink)
- Food sharing platter (NEW!!)
- Private access to the bowling area (NEW!!)
With the modest amount raised from the costs to enter a team into the Corporate Cup we can also subsidise the costs of our young people’s tournament which sees 10 teams of young people from LGBT youth groups across Scotland compete for the Youth Cup.
This is a popular tournament with limited spaces, so get signed up early to avoid disappointment.
LGBT History Month is an annual LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender) event which takes place every February and celebrates all things LGBT – past, present and future. It brings the community together through a wide variety of events including arts, film screenings, coffee mornings, poetry readings, charity events and more. LEAP Sport Scotland works with LGBT History Month to ensure that sport events and activities take place throughout the month.